ALMOST THERE - PLEASE CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW!
PARISH THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
· No Religious Ed., Middle School Youth Group, or Alpha on Wed., November 22nd.
· SJE Catholic School K-5 early release at 11:50am; Middle School at Noon on Wednesday, Nov. 22nd.
· Parish Offices close at Noon on Wed., Nov. 22nd and reopen at 8:30am Monday, November 27th.
· Adoration Chapel closes at Noon on Wed., Nov. 22nd and reopens after 8:30am Mass on Friday, Nov. 24th.
· Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 23rd. No 6:15pm Mass.
CARPET CLEANING - Main church
Carpet Cleaning will start in the main church building after 8:30am Mass on Friday, November 24th, and will continue through Saturday. Please avoid carpeted areas if you will be in the church.
MEETING TIMES AND LOCATION
Meeting Wednesdays from 6-8pm, Starting September 20th // St. John’s Hall
Eleven Sessions; ends December 13 // No Sessions Nov. 1st or 22nd
RSVP: Contact Brian Wallisch at email@example.com or 970.635.5810
WHAT IS ALPHA?
Alpha is a series of eleven interactive weekly sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith. Each session includes food, a short talk, and a discussion at the end where you can share your thoughts. There’s no pressure, no follow up and no charge.
Whether you are new to the faith, deeply versed in Catholicism, or just curious about how the Christian faith answers the big questions of life, Alpha is for you. The talks are designed to encourage conversation and explore the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. No question is out of bounds and you are free to discuss as much or as little as you wish.
There’s no charge to be part of Alpha, however donations are appreciated to offset the cost of food.
Many have asked for some of the recipes to some of the homemade dishes that were served at Alpha this year. Here are the most requested ones:
ALL SAINTS' DAY MASS SCHEDULE
Tuesday, October 31st
6:15pm (English and Español, Anticipatory)
Wednesday, November 1st
Saturday, January 20th, 6:00pm
St. John's Catholic School Gym
Games, Fun, Prizes!
• Child Care: FREE Child Care will be provided for kids ages 3-12. Please tell us ahead of time if you are planning to use this service.
• Table Theme: Create a theme for your table to make the evening a little more fun. A prize will be awarded to the best-themed table. Doors open at 5:30pm for set-up.
• Mini-Games: There will be a few mini-games throughout the night that you can participate in to have another chance to win prizes.
• Food & Beer: FREE Popcorn and Beer provided. Hot dogs for sale for $1. You may also bring other food and drinks for your table.
• Prizes: Prizes also awarded to the trivia champions!
$160 per 8 person table or $25 per individual
To register, contact Youth Minister Tyler Eberle at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 635-5817 or register online by clicking the button below!
How Does Trivia Night Work?
You and your table are competing against the other tables in a no holds barred contest of useful and seemingly useless knowledge and factoids.
• Must be 18 or older to participate
• Your Quiz Master will read a series of 10 questions out loud each round.
• You will work as a table to write your best answers on that round’s score card.
• Your one answer per question goes in the left hand column of the score card.
• Write your team name or number at bottom of the score card at the end of each round.
• Turn your score card into the Scorekeeper’s Table at the end of the round.
• No cell phones or smart devices of any kind may be used or accessed during a round.
• Failure to follow these rules may result in loss of points for the round.
• Once all score cards are turned-in the answers will be revealed as the Scorekeepers check your answers.
Thursday, October 12, 6:45pm // St. John’s Hall
Ed and Dawn Dennis were Evangelical Protestant missionaries and ministers for over 20 years before they became Catholic in 2004. They will share about their journey into the Catholic faith and beyond.
Saturday & Sunday, October 28-29, After all Masses
Homemade baked goods including pies, cakes, cookies and other delicious treats will be available for purchase. The event will also feature a raffle, themed baskets, teddy bear sale, and a plant sale.
Raffle tickets may be purchased in advance on the weekend of October 22-23. You are welcome to donate your own creations for the bake sale beginning 3 PM on Saturday the 28th or at any of the Masses.
FATIMA CENTENNIAL HOLY HOUR
Friday, October 13, After 8:30am Mass // Sanctuary
Honor the Blessed Mother and the 100th Anniversary of her appearance at Fatima, Portugal. We will pray a Rosary, have Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and a Benediction before hosting a reception with cake and refreshments in St. John’s Hall.
FATIMA CENTENNIAL PUBLIC ROSARY
Saturday, Oct. 14, 10am // Dwayne Webster Veteran’s Park
October 13, 2017 marks the 100th anniversary of the last appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima, where she encouraged the world to pray the Holy Rosary. Please join us at Dwayne Webster Veterans’ Park, Shelter #3, at the corner of Grant St. and W. Eisenhower, as we participate in a national Public Square Rosary Crusade in association with America Needs Fatima. For more information, please call Salty Galvis at 970-218-9086.
ARCHDIOCESE CONSECRATION AND MORE
The Archdiocese of Denver will be consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on October 13th. To learn more about this event and other Fatima-related events around the Archdiocese, click here. or visit denvercatholic.org
The Archdiocese has also created a video series of "Marian Moments" featuring Vocations Director and St. John's Alum Fr. Ryan O'Neil. Click here to see all the episodes.
November 10-12, 2017 // Abbey of St. Walburga
Friday Dinner through Sunday Breakfast
Registration Deadline is October 10, 2017
Get away from it all!
Join Fr. John Ludanha, Parochial Vicar of Loveland's St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, for a Catholic Men's Retreat at the peaceful Abbey of St. Walburga in Virginia Dale, Colorado.
Participate in group discussions, prayer, sacraments, adoration, reconciliation, and liturgy of the hours.
Cost $155 includes single room and all meals.
Download the registration form below and mail with your payment asap!
We hope to see you there!
October is Respect Life Month!
This year’s 40 Days for Life kickoff event will be held on Monday, September 25, at Our Lady of the Valley Church, 1250 7th Street in Windsor.
The schedule is:
4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Adoration
6:00 p.m. Pro-Life Mass
6:45 p.m. Speaker, Bethany Janzen from the Students for Life
Starting Wednesday, September 27, you are invited to come and pray the rosary with fellow parishioners in front of Planned Parenthood in Ft. Collins. You may stop by Monday through Sunday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. or sign up for a specific times by clicking the button below.
Come and be a prayer witness for babies and moms!