"The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve..."
Matthew 20:28, NAB
"40 for 40" is a parish-wide service initiative at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church. Starting March 5, 2018, we are encouraging all of our parish families to engage in 40 hours of service over the next 40 days (until April 14, 2018).
Our hope is that by engaging in service, you will not only help those in need, but you will also grow in your Christian faith and want to share it with others.
Please scroll down for a list of service opportunities in the parish and the community.
Have breakfast and get connected!
Sunday, April 15,
After Sunday morning Masses
St. John’s Hall
“40 for 40” is drawing to a close, but there are still many opportunities to serve the Lord through tradition, fellowship, and mission! Visit the ministry fair, connect with parishioners and discover the various groups, service opportunities, and faith formation programs at our church! The Knights of Columbus will have delicious breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos for sale.
GOALS OF THIS INITIATIVE
- To engage in acts of service in our local parish, in the Loveland community, and throughout Northern Colorado.
- To develop an attitude of Christian service among St. John's parishioners.
- To share our gifts and talents with others.
- To share Christ's love in our community.
- To gain an understanding of all the ways our church impacts the region.
- To reflect our faith and raise awareness of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church and School.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
St. John's supports a variety of charitable organizations throughout Northern Colorado. Learn more about the opportunities they have available.
From serving breakfast to landscaping, to mission work, we have a variety of serving opportunities here at St. John's. Find out if there's a place for your gifts and talents!
Shovel a neighbor's walk, teach a class, write letters to military members; there are many simple acts of service you can do every day!