Pope Francis has said that little acts of love, kindness, and faith add up to holiness.
From sending care packages to those serving overseas, to shoveling the neighbor's walk, to paying for a stranger's meal, there are many things you can do every day to make a positive impact and reach out in Christian service.
Here are some simple ways to serve:
- Pray for the intentions of the parish, Pope, and Bishop. Pray for the success of our 40/40 initiative and the parish.
- Mail to Cards for Hospitalized Kids, which delivers the cards to children in US hospitals.*
- Teach a class on a subject you know.
- Send a care package to members of the military through Operation Gratitude.*
- Write a letter to the great people in your life. Let them know what they mean to you and how they've impacted you.
- Donate unneeded items to charity.
- Coach a youth sports team.
- Offer a ride to Mass.
- Give compliments.
- Forgive others.
- Set goals and create a plan for success.*
*Disclaimer. Any reference in this website to any person, or organization, or activities, products, or services related to such person or organization, or any linkages from this web site to the web site of another party, do not constitute or imply the endorsement, recommendation, or favoring of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, or any of its employees or contractors acting on its behalf.