CLASS DATES AND TIMES
R.E. classes meet on Wednesday evenings. There is an early session from 4:30pm-5:45pm and a late session from 6:30pm-7:45pm.
Parents can participate in both A Family of Faith and Religious Education or Youth Ministry. We are working on making arrangements for childcare during parent meetings.
- Wednesday, August 29th, 6:15pm - Mass and Parent Meeting (required for both participating in either A Family of Faith and/or RE). Meet for both in the Church
- Wednesday, September 12th, 6:15pm - Mass and Catechist Orientation. St. John's Hall. This is training for Catechists. Families do not need to attend.
- Wednesday, September 19th - First day of RE Classes. Meets in St. John's Catholic School.
- If your child is receiving a sacrament, please turn in or upload copy of baptismal certificate by October 24th.
- Sponsor and Saint Name Forms are due no later than December 5th.
For children who will be receiving a Sacrament (2nd Grade - Sacrament of Reconciliation, 3rd Grade - Sacraments of Confirmation and First Communion) additional materials will be required.
FORMATION IN CHRISTIAN CHASTITY
In the Church's desire to help you keep your children safe, the Archdiocese requires that all children and young people participating in religious education in any parish or Catholic school in the Archdiocese, be offered instruction in protecting themselves and communicating potential danger to a parent or other responsible adult. If you would like to read more or if you would NOT like for your child to participate in the "Formation in Christian Chastity" class on October 3, 2018, please download, sign this form, and bring it with you to R.E.
R.E. PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Registration payments for Formation Programs are due by December 1st unless other arrangements are made with Deacon August Cordova. Registrations will not be accepted after October 15th to ensure each student is on track for preparation to receive any sacraments.
There are additional costs after September 1st due to materials and preparation expenses. However, by registering prior to September 1st, you will enjoy a reduced rate:
Prior to September 1, 2018:
- Students receiving Sacramental Preparation (First Reconciliation, First Communion and/or Confirmation) = $75
- All other students = $50
After September 1, 2018:
- Students receiving Sacramental Preparation (First Reconciliation, First Communion and/or Confirmation) = $100
- All other students = $75
If you are unable to pay the entire program cost all at once, please contact Deacon August Cordova at email@example.com or (970) 635-5818 to make arrangements.
Thank you again for your support of St. John's Religious Formation Programs!